A wig collection may include some wigs with bangs. Unfortunately, these wigs can be difficult to clean and sometimes require special care to keep them looking their best.
In this blog, we'll share tips for wigs with bangs and keeping them looking their best, with a detailed discussion of seven tips for cleaning wigs with bangs.
1 Why do wigs with bangs tend to get greasy?
- The main reason is, of course, due to greasy hair types. "If your overall hair tends to get greasy quickly, your bangs will be the greasiest part. To prevent this from happening, you can use products or treatments designed to address this problem, such as shampoos formulated for oily roots and dry ends, which are often the problem.
- The greasy edges problem can be caused by the hair being touched unnecessarily often. This is a common problem because we tend to hold our bangs in place with our fingers more often than we should. Therefore, touching it can make it greasier, and it is best to avoid touching it.
- In addition, it can also be caused by the skin on your forehead or the products you apply to your face. Greasy and creamy products or oily skin often cause greasy bangs because they are in direct contact with the skin. Also, try to use foundation or a cream blend instead of foundation. Keep your bangs slightly rounded so that it doesn't stick to your forehead.
2 Seven tips for cleaning wigs with bangs
1. Wash your bangs
- If you don't like over-washing your hair, wash your bangs between washes. The oils from your face may make your bangs greasy faster than the rest of your hair, so combing just this front part of your hair is not a bad idea.
- Also, the hair here is shorter and more frequently trimmed so that it won't be as easily damaged by over-washing and styling.
2. Blow dry it
- Always blow dry your bangs from above, aiming the nozzle directly at the bangs from the roots. Brush the hair to one side, then the other, and straight down, so the bangs hang down just right. If you want a sleek, bouncy effect, gently curl with a cylinder brush and blow dry.
3. Dry shampoo
- Refresh your bangs by spraying on dry shampoo and combing through with your fingertips to give your hair a fresh, flat look. This is because it will absorb any oils in your bangs and produce a matte finish.
4. Velcro Rollers
- If you have great hair, use a Velcro roller to make your bangs bounce quickly after blow-drying. Throughout the day, your hair will fall out and become flattered, so it's a good idea to start with the most amount. Never straighten the roots of your bangs.
5 Less is more
- Applying different styling products to tame frizz is tempting, but this will only end with a greasy edge. If you normally use any product on your hair, such as an anti-frizz serum, try applying it to the rest of your hair and then only a little bit on your bangs.
- If you apply moisturizer and foundation to your forehead daily, these products can easily transfer to your bangs and make them look greasy. Ensure you wash and clean your forehead thoroughly every morning to avoid this!
- Get a small comb and keep it in your handbag to ensure that you can comb the inevitable gaps in your bangs throughout the day. Chances are your bangs will face rain, sweat, humidity, and other emergencies before you start working. A quick comb-through will give your bangs an instant refresh.
3 How to design a wig with bangs?
A wig with bangs can be styled in a variety of ways. Here are some tips to get started. Start by styling your wig with a good hair dryer. This will help set the wig and remove any excess moisture.
Next, use a comb to part your hair into sections. After that, tie them into a high ponytail with a tight elastic band. Tie your bangs at the back of your head with an elastic band or bobby pins. If you want, you can also make them into a bun. Finally, apply the makeup you want and put on your wig.
Whether your bangs are short, curly, or long, it is usually the centerpiece of your hairstyle. To look its best, it needs to be very clean and tidy. But the problem is that it can become greasy more easily than the rest of your hair.
Find out what's causing this problem to find the best solution! We've provided ways to keep your bangs clean, so you can wear your hair as you wish.
Do wigs look better with bangs? Yes. Do you prefer to wear a wig with bangs or without them? Feel free to leave a comment below.